You need a UK Tourist visa if you wish to travel to the UK with the tourist purpose or to attend an event. UK Tourist visa is delivered for the period of 6 months, 2, 5 or 10 years. You can commit short touristic trips. You can not spend more than 90 days per each 6 months of your visa.
More than 39 million people visited The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland in 2020. Visitors pay much attention not just for marvellous cities such as London, Liverpool, Edinburgh, but also for the numerous wonders that you can find in this country.
If you want to visit UK with the tourist purpose, to attend an event, you need to apply for a UK tourist visa. You can not visit the UK with a valid Schengen visa.
With a valid UK visa you can visit Ireland without an Irish visa (if you travel to Ireland from within the UK).
If you wish to visit friends or relatives in the UK, you need to apply for Guest visa (click here).
- How to get a tourist visa to the UK in 2021 for foreigners.
Choosing UK.Visas.Consulting for your British visa you get professional service tailored just for you.
Our Manager team has more than 7 years of experience in visa agency dealing with the most difficult cases of obtaining UK visas. We give honest advice and always evaluate your chances of obtaining a UK visa for free.
We take care about all paper work, we work distantly, you save your time!
|Can do.||Can't do.|
|Take part in events.||Work for money and for free.|
|Attend course up to 30 days, if it is not the main reason of your trip.||Stay for a long time in the UK.(*)|
|Participate in exchange programs ( if you are under 18 y.o.).||Demand the benefits from the state.|
|Travel as a tourist.||Get married.|
(*) : UK tourist visa can be issued for 6 months, 2 years, 5 years and 10 years. Despite the period of your visa, we advise not to spend more than 3 months per each 6 months in the UK. We faced with numerous refusals, when a person spends more time in the UK than in his country of residence. This information is not specified on the official web-site Gov.uk.
We are committed in the full preparation of your documents to apply for a British tourist visa:
- We conduct a detailed consultation in order to determine which documents are needed in your case,
- We fill out the questionnaire in English in detail,
- We do a professional translation of all necessary documents into English,
- In certain cases, we electronically upload your documents. Or we provide detailed instructions with what documents you need in order to visit the UK Visa Application Centre.
After getting a decision on your visa, you personally pick up the passport from the visa centre, or get it with a courier service.
With UK.Visas.Consulting specialists, you will be sure that all the documents for your tourist visa to the UK have been prepared and submitted correctly!
For our UK Visitor visa, our service is a full packaged bundle, there is no hidden fee. You only pay what you see in the table under (excluding optional services).
|Cost of our service.||Cost of translation in English per document.|
|130 €||16 €|
- How much does a British tourist visa cost.
Regardless of whether you use our service or apply yourself, you will need to pay a visa fee to the UK immigration services. The cost is stated in GBP on the website https://www.gov.uk.
|Type of visa.||Visa fees.|
|Tourist Short-term visa (for 6 months, single-entry or multi-entries).||95 GBP|
|Tourist Long-term visa (up to 2 years, single-entry or multi-entries).||361 GBP|
|Tourist Long-term visa (up to 5 years, single-entry or multi-entries).||655 GBP|
|Tourist Long-term visa (up to 10 years, single-entry or multi-entries).||822 GBP|
These amounts are indicative. You can call us to know the exact visa fee cost at the date of your call.
In the case of refusal, or if the passport is withdrawn before the decision is made, the visa fee can't be refunded.
It is very unpleasant to receive a refusal for a UK visa. People have plans connected with this visa, starting from simple trip to the UK ending with joining family members or getting high-paid job. You can read here about visa after refusal.
- How long does it take to get my UK tourist visa?
Typically, the British Embassy and the Immigration Office render the decision for a tourist visa to Britain within 2-3 weeks from the date of filing with the British Visa Application Centre. It can take longer with the summer approaching, with delays up to 3 weeks and a half.
During the consideration of documents for a tourist visa to England, you can track the status of your application in the following ways:
- Check if you got an e-mail stating that the decision has been made and the passport can be collected.
- The status of documents can be checked on the TLS Contact website by logging into your account on the website https://www.gov.uk.
- By using a paid telephone service and the official contact service to the Immigration Office (https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y)
- You’ll leave the UK at the end of your visit.
- You’re able to pay for your return or onward journey and any other costs relating to your visit, without help of the state.
- You have to show that you are going to commit only short trips to the UK during the period of your visa.
- You plan to leave the UK at the end of each visit.
- If you plan to attend an English course on a British tourist visa, then the duration of the course should be no more than 1 month, and attending this course should not be the main purpose of your trip.
- The information you provide in a UK tourist visa application form must be credible. The data you provide can be checked by visa officers by various ways. Unreliable information can lead to a refusal, and false information - to a 10-year-ban.
- You need a page in your passport that is blank on both sides for your visa, otherwise your visa may not be issued.
- Photo section: now you don’t need to provide a photo for visa (it is only required for children under 5 years old).
- In 99.99% of cases, applicants for a British tourist visa to England do not have to pass an interview when they submit documents at the British Visa Centre.
- Most of the applications are now being considered and assessed in the UK, urgent applications are usually being considered at the nearest British Embassy.
Required documents (mandatory documents and particular cases) when applying for a British tourist visa.
- What are the required documents for a tourist visa to the United Kingdom.
- Passport. It must be valid for the whole of your stay in the UK.
- Printed visa application from https://www.gov.uk.
- A letter from your employer on company headed paper, detailing your role, salary and length of employment, and the information about your annual leave.
- Bank statement (with account balance or with the history of transactions for the last 3 months).
- Hotel or apartment booking.
In addition, you can provide the following documents to increase your chances to get a UK visa:
- Previous passport.
- Copy of your marriage certificate and birth certificates of your children.
- Copy of your ownership certificate, if you own the property (flat, car, house).
- Copy of birth certificate.
- Letter from your current education provider.
- Sponsor’s financial documents.
- Copies of your company state registration number certificate and personal tax reference number certificate.
- Copy of declaration for the last financial period/year.
- Individual Entrepreneur’s bank statement with the history of transactions.
- Copy of pension certificate.
- Bank statement with the history of transactions to show the pension.
- Sponsor’s financial documents.
Children (under 18, Child Visitor visa):
- Travel consent from parents.
- Copy of birth certificate.
- Letter from your current education provider.
There are many different cases and for each case we are ready to provide you with advice and send a list of documents for a UK visa that is ideal for your situation.
If you are a director of a company, we advise that the work reference is signed by an Accountant or a Deputy Director.
If you are employed by several companies, we advise to show work references from all places of employment.
If you’ve just started working at a new place, we advise to show your work record book in addition to work statement from current employer.
If you receive sponsorship for your trip to the UK, we advise to show your close relative or a spouse as a sponsor.
Refusals might be based on:
- Modest salary.
- Doubt that person doesn’t have any ties with its country of origin.
- Doubt in credibility of your documents.
- Your bank statement doesn’t match with your salary.
- Your visa history (previous refusals....).
- Visa Officer’s opinion.
Refusal of a British tourist visa is a psychologically very unpleasant moment, because with this visa, a person could have plans for a tourist trip, namely already purchased tickets, paid accommodation and booked excursions. You can read about getting a visa after refusal here.
- How much time can i spend in the UK with a british tourist visa.
We advise applying for a UK long-term tourist visa for 2 years only after receiving several 6-month visas. We recommend applying for long-term visas to Britain for 5 or 10 years after obtaining a tourist visa for 2 years. We recommend additionally showing information about your plans to visit the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland with short visits throughout the duration of your UK tourist visa.
We can work with visa applicants from all over the world. We will provide you with information about a visa application centre nearest to you to apply for UK visa. Or you can find yourself the nearest centre to apply for a UK visa, using this link https://uk.tlscontact.com/.
You can find all necessary information on https://www.gov.uk.
- How to submit yourself your application for a UK tourist visa.
At UK.Visas.Consulting we believe if a person wants to prepare his documents to apply for a UK visas by himself, he will do it anyway. Despite this, we provide full information of how to apply for a touristic visa without any visa agency, because it may happen that such people will become our clients to apply for more complicated visas.
All documents (except passport) must be translated in English or Welsh. You can translate your documents by yourself, or we can provide you with this service.
You should book date and time after you complete your UK visa application on https://www.gov.uk.
After that you have to register yourself on TLS Contact (UK visa centre) web-site https://uk.tlscontact.com/. There you are able to choose value added services, such as priority service, premium lounge etc.
It is obligatory to arrive on-time to apply for your UK visa, so we advise to be there 15 minutes in advance. In general, you spend from 15 minutes up to 2 hours in the UK visa centre. In 99% cases you don’t pass any interview there. During your visit you submit your bio metric data.
Official names for this visa on GOV.UK and VISA4UK
UK Standard Visitor visa / UK General Visitor visa / UK Child Visitor visa
All informations on this page about this visa have been last updated on : 4 February 2022
Frequently asked questions :